15 Dec Google My Business Has Some New Features
Google Maps and Google Maps entries on search engine results pages are critical for businesses to be found online. And these days, having a complete presence on Google is more than making sure your website is indexed. Google My Business is a major overhaul of the Google Places concept. It adds new features that range from posting a virtual tour to posts which last for two weeks. Here are some things you can do to make the most of the platform for your business.
First off, what is Google My Business?
It’s the new platform for managing business listings in Google. It replaces Google Places. If you managed your business in Google Places, that information has been migrated to Google My Business.
What Can I Include?
You can include lots of items:
- Your address: your street address so people can find you.
- Phone number: consider whether to use local or toll-free.
- Website address: sharing your correct website address is great SEO for your site.
- Hours of operation: hours of operation for each day of the week so people know when you are open.
- Posts of content: you can share your most recent content updates. These last for a couple of weeks and you will receive notices to repost if you like.
- Category of your business: you can show what type of business you are. Try to be accurate on this one.
- Photos: show some personality and let people know what to expect working with you. It’s always good to have high quality images that include people and show some personality.
- Appointment URL: a special link for setting appointments if you offer that option online. This link let’s people get right to what you want to them to do, in many cases.
- Service area: if you serve customers away from your location, you can share the radius of your service area. It’s important to be accurate here rather than over-reach for a larger area.
- Virtual tour: show some warmth and personality with a virtual tour.
Sound like a lot of work? It is, but it is key to connecting where people are looking for what you offer. And if you need help, feel free to reach out the GoEpps Nashville SEO team – we love this stuff.