Here at GoEpps we like to keep up with the latest news in online marketing. In addition to reading up on the latest news articles, we just can not resist a good book on great business practices. And there are so many out there. As a digital marketing agency based in Nashville, TN and serving clients across the US, we want to share some books that have influenced the way we do business.
Here is our current must-read list:
- The Toyota Way: 14 Management Principles from the World’s Greatest Manufacture, By Jeffrey Liker
- While The Toyota Way may focus on the manufacturing practices of Toyota, these practices can be translated and put into practice for any business, including a digital marketing company.
- GoEpps was able to apply many principles of this book when we began working with a lawnmower manufacturing company on their online marketing services. This particular company uses lean manufacturing principles and we knew that we could carry over these same practices to establish lean marketing by using a standard set of services and processes and delivering each consistent
- The World is Flat, By Thomas L. Friedman
- This book analyzes globalization and viewing the world as a level playing field in terms of commerce and business.
- GoEpps loved this book and how it helped us to understand the many opportunities to use international talent. It was an eye-opening book and had a strong influence on many projects.
- Good to Great, By Jim Collins
- Good to Great is a management book that describes how companies have gone from being average or even mediocre companies to becoming great companies, and how many companies fail in trying to do so.
- For us at GoEpps, Good to Great helped us to understand that at the end of the day, we have to know the absolute most important number around which we manage our business. That, for us, was net operating revenue per full-time employee.
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses, By Eric Ries
- Most startups fail, but according to The Lean Start-Up, many of those failures are preventable with the approach laid out in the book.
- The Lean Startup helped GoEpps to plan smaller projects as a way to learn our way forward. We have been able to test our way to greatness by giving small projects to vendors and lead up to bigger and bigger challenges
- Antifragile, By Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- This book details how we actually become stronger.
- We do a lot of exercises going through work and testing out concepts to see how we relate to decisions before implementing them completely. By doing this, we limit risks and understand how a process works and can be applied on a bigger scale. This allows us to avoid jumping in the deep end with clients in tow!
- Flow, By Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- In Flow, psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi discusses how the way we take in information is key to optimal happiness and improves our overall quality of life.
- At GoEpps, we have created an online workflow management system to give writers, designers, and others a consistent system for our projects so that each person involved can be their most productive.
We are always making time for professional development here at GoEpps. Let us apply these principles and more to your digital marketing strategy.